How do you get there?
University of Washington Prairie Line Trail
University of Washington Tacoma Prairie Line Trail
Tacoma, WA 98402
Prairie Line Trail and Tollefson Plaza
The UW Tacoma campus is located on Pacific Avenue in downtown Tacoma across from the Washington State History Museum and the historic Union Station.
Driving directions to University of Washington Tacoma, from I-5 Southbound/Northbound:
- Take Exit 133 (City Center Exit) toward I-705/ City Center
- Keep LEFT toward I-705/ City Center.
- Turn LEFT onto ramp toward A Street/ City Center
- Keep LEFT to stay on ramp toward S. 15th Street/ Pacific Avenue
- Turn LEFT onto Pacific Avenue
- Turn RIGHT ontp S 17th ST, the Prairie Line Trail will be across Tollefson Plaza on your left.
A number of Pierce Transit and Sound Transit bus routes stop on UWT campus. The free Link light-rail train stops in front of campus at the 19th Street/Union Station stop.
There are a number of pay parking lots on and around UWT campus. Most street parking on or near UWT is either metered or limited to three hours maximum.
Choose Sustainable Transportation
When possible, choose creative ways to travel to help reduce our carbon emissions. Try walking, biking, taking transit or carpooling to this event.
Here are some resources to get you moving:
Where do you park?
- Accessible parking is available in Parking Lot A on a first come, first serve basis and can be accessed via the ramp on 17th and Commerce Street. ($6 per hour for 0-4 hours, $12 for 4+ hours)
- On-street parking ($1 per hour)
- Tacoma Dome Station Transit Garage (Free)
Electric Vehicle Charging is available off-site at several locations. View the map below: